Thursday, January 31, 2008

He's My Brother


We created this image on a lark. We'd just finished photographing the family and the boys were getting anxious. Usually I'd have them run down the beach to blow off some steam but I turned my gaze away from the lake and noticed that the light and scene were perfect. The idea went from thought to action in a few seconds. And, the boys didn't need much coaxing. I had them walk a few paces, while I knocked off a couple frames. I didn't much of the image until we opened it back at the studio.


Notice how the tree at the far left holds such a dynamic almost mystical strength. It offers a visual counterweight to the boys. And, the boys themselves appear to be treading into the golden sunset and towards the tree. There seems to be a deeper meaning--a metaphor if you will.

No comments: